My research interests are broadly in the area of Data Science and Machine Learning, and include the following topics. Sponsored PhD students interested in these topic please get in touch.
- Developing unbiased deep learning models. The development and evaluation of computational methods toward unbiased AI (especially for predictive modelling and information retrieval tasks)
- Biomedical predictive modelling and the development of machine learning models which provide reasoning behind predictions.
- Biomedical data science which involves proposing new methods and approaches for analysing and modelling biomedical data.
- Combinatorial feature selection methods for biomedical and other predictive modelling tasks.
- Feature extraction and fusion of multi-modal data generated from smart environments.
- Development of novel methods of overcoming the limitations of deep learning methods when applied to large imbalanced data.
- Continual/lifelong learning of multi-modal data. Improving the learning capabilities of deep neural networks on learning ‘limited data’ and their performance on continual/lifelong learning tasks (the ability of deep neural networks to learn new information without forgetting).
- Multi-modal Information Retrieval for natural language and source code data.
- Multi-modal Information Retrieval for source code data.
Are you interested in a research collaboration? Please feel free to get in touch.