Current PhD students as main supervisor
- Clifford Zhang – Detection, Classification and Analysis of Defects on Surfaces using Deep Learning (commenced in January 2020)
- Yan Gong – Multi-Task Multi-Modal Deep Neural Networks (to start in October 2020).
- Andrew Houston – AI models for the diagnosis of lower limb injuries (to start in October 2020).
** I am currently accepting self-funded PhD students. If you are interested please get in touch (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Research topics can be found here ***
Graduated PhD supervisions – Director of Studies (Main Supervisor)
- Sadegh M. Salesi (completed 2019) – Evolutionary Computation-based Feature Selection for Finding a Stable Set of Features in High-dimensional Data.
Graduated PhD supervisions as Co-Supervisor (Second Supervisor)
- Rowida Alfrjani (completed 2018) – Exploiting Domain Knowledge to Enhance Opinion Mining Using a Hybrid Semantic Knowledge-base Machine Learning Approach. Director of Studies was Dr Taha Osman.
- Olfat M. Mirza (completed 2018) – Style Analysis for Source Code Plagiarism Detection. Dr Cosma co-supervised the student. Director of Studies was Professor Mike Joy from the University of Warwick.
Graduated MRes students
- Gulrukh Turabee (completed 2019) – Sleep Stage Classification Using EEG Signal Analysis and Deep Learning.
- Salim Sulaiman Maaji (completed 2018) – On-line Voltage Stability Monitoring Using Machine Learning.
- Bhavesh H. Pandya (completed 2018) – Multi-modal Biometric Predictive Modelling using Machine Learning.
Selected MSc students
- Kareem Ahmed (completed June 2020) – Deep Feature Selection and Energy Prediction Modelling using real-world data provided by a company.
- Jake Ilson (in progress 2020) – Deep Learning for defect detection in train wheels using real-world data provided by a company.
- Oluwabunmi T. Oloruntoba (completed 2018) – A Modified Cultural Algorithm for Feature Selection of Biomedical Data.