Hello, I am the module leader for the Data Mining module, that is part of the MSc Artificial Intelligence course. I will be delivering the module’s lectures and labs. This page shows the tentative schedule for the module.
Most of the content is based on the Book “Introduction to Data Mining” Second Edition by Tan, Steinbach, Karpatne and Kumar.
|1||Introduction to Programming for Data Science|
|2||Data Mining Basics|
|3||Data Preprocessing & Visualisation|
|4||Feature Selection, Similarity, Distance and Clustering|
|5-6||Information Retrieval and the Vector Space Model|
|7-8||Latex Semantic Indexing|
|9-10||NLP with Deep Learning|
- Recommended text book: Introduction to Data Mining
- Slides: PPT slides will be available.
- Slides with recordings: Short versions of the slides with recordings for every lesson
- Labs: In MATLAB and/or Python.
- Weekly lab activities: In your preferred programming language
- Live discussion sessions