Hello, I am the module leader for the Data Mining module, that is part of the MSc Artificial Intelligence course. I will be delivering the module’s lectures and labs. This page shows the tentative schedule for the module.
The module is based two books:
“Introduction to Data Mining” Second Edition by Tan, Steinbach, Karpatne and Kumar.
“Introduction to Information Retrieval” by Manning, Raghavan, and Schutze.
|1||Introduction to Programming for Data Science|
|2||Data Mining Basics|
|3||Data Preprocessing & Visualisation|
|4||Feature Selection, Similarity, Distance and Clustering|
|5-6||Information Retrieval and the Vector Space Model|
|7-8||Latex Semantic Indexing|
|9-10||NLP with Deep Learning|
- Recommended text books: Introduction to Data Mining and Introduction to Information Retrieval
- Slides: PPT slides will be available.
- Slides with recordings: Short versions of the slides with recordings for every lesson
- Labs: In MATLAB and/or Python.
- Weekly lab activities: In your preferred programming language
- Live discussion sessions